Monday, March 7, 2011

I AM LUCKY

I am lucky:

My heart baby will be two in less than a month.

He hasn't been overnight at a hospital in nearly a year.

LJ is walking, talking, laughing, and playing with his sister.

LJ sleeps in his own bed, yes bed. No more crib.

LJ loves his momma. He always wants to be near me and snuggle with me. He can't get enough of me.

And while LJ is not as advanced as his peers, he is still advancing.

Did I mention, no overnight hospital stays in a long time?

Kaitlyn is growing up to be quite the young lady.

She is wicked intelligent.

I get to watch Kaitlyn read to her brother while he sits patiently by listening to everything she has to tell him.

I have a great pictures and video of both of my kids dancing their hearts out to Dance Central.

My kids are not on long term medications right now.

LJ's next appointment is for the ENT, not the cardiologist.

I have a fantastic husband who has been incredibly supportive and loving.

My days are currently not spent sitting beside at a hospital.

The sounds of beeping machines are just a memory.

I do not have any major medical decisions to make in the near future.

My kids have fantastic health insurance and I do not have to worry about what my kids' might need. They are covered.

At the end of the day, my biggest struggle is getting my kids to fall asleep...and that isn't a such a big struggle.

Last night, it came to me. I am pretty darn lucky. It is easy to throw myself and LJ a pity party. His life, our life, is not an easy one but we are incredibly lucky where we sit right now. It could be drastically different right now. Our lows could be even lower. My kiddos are both home and doing relatively quite well. We have quality family time and the love between us all is just so abundant. So I will take these moments and cherish them because it could all change...but for now, we are doing OK.

No comments: