Friday, March 18, 2011

Changes

I am not wanting to go into gross detail on this. But we are changing daycare providers. Let's jump back about a year ago, shall we? December of 2009 we decided to place our kiddos in a daycare. Kaitlyn was in a daycare until she was 20 months old and we switched to a friend watching her. By December of 2009 she was 2.5 and LJ was 10 months old. Daycare was the best option as our friend moved. It was all going well, until it wasn't. That's really how it always goes. I could tell something was up when the attendence of the kids went downhill. We prepared to change providers but there is something that kept me there. Kaitlyn routine. She had friends there. LJ had two people in his room that JUST LOVED him and I know how much he loved them. I tore my stomach apart having to move them but then the daycare announced it was closing so really, I didn't have to make the decision. They started a new daycare May 2010. It also was great until it wasn't. We thought about leaving. But again, TORE ME APART. The teachers there loved my kids....loved like their own kiddos. They would text pics of the kids to me through out the day. I became even "hang out when the kids aren't there" friend with one of the teachers.
But there was an event and it caused us to question if we should keep our kids there. Husband was set on moving them but it made me sick. I knew it would upset the teachers...there could be the possibly that my friend wouldn't be able to keep her job there as the attendence would be too low. It. made. me. sick. BUT you have to do what is right for you kids. Annoucement this morning: daycare is down sizing. We didn't make the cut, we were given termination papers. Phew, I didn't have to initiate the break up. Teacher was crying, she didn't want to have to downsize but she couldn't afford assistants. I am still feeling ill. I know we HAVE to change now but I hate that my kids have to start all over again. They will lose their daily friends (of course we do plan on play dates...but it isn't an everyday thing). Kait, one who lives by a schedule, will be completely devistated. LJ won't care really. I feel sad, bitter, angry, and betrayed in a bit. But it is over. We start new. I love where the kids will be going. This will work out for the best.

No comments: