Friday, March 25, 2011

And that is that

So we found a new daycare. One side of me is soooo excited and the other side of me extremely sad. To help ease the transition I wanted to bring the kids to meet the teachers over one of my lunch breaks so that it wasn't a huge shock. That morning I told Kaitlyn that I was going to take her to her new school to meet her teachers and she was excited. "Good," I thought, she isn't scared to at least meet them. So I dropped the kiddos off at the old place and first thing she mentions is that she is going to her new school to meet her teachers. I was slightly embarrassed but it has to happen, right? It is obvious that we have to find a new place.

I went to grab the kids who were excited to see me in the middle of the day. Each of Kaitlyn's classmates gave her a big hug before she left, without prompting. Wow, that hurt a bit. She is not going to be with these kids in a week or so. They all love each other so much. I bit my tongue and held back that burning tear. We pulled up in front of a very cheerful looking house. "We're here!!" and Kaitlyn screams "YAY!!!!!!" I wasn't too optimistic because she can be brave from a distance but can hide quickly when put in a situation. We walk in and Kaitlyn immediately runs to take part in circle time and is participating without any encouragement. LJ also runs and sits as well. I worked on some paper work and the kids played. We even went outside for playtime there. Kaitlyn made a new friend. Their arms were around each other as they sat on a bench and when we were headed out, we had to convince them to let go from their hug. Of course, LJ charmed the pants off all the teachers and laughed a lot!

We left. Since then Kaitlyn wakes up every morning wanting to go to her new school. Even after I mention that it means not going back to the old one where her friends are, she still wants to go.

So that is that. She is thrilled and cannot wait. The only one sensitive to this whole transition is me. I found that I am much more affected about my daughter surroundings than she is about herself. She is excited about this new adventure and her new friend. SHE LOVES THIS CHANGE! My daughter, the one who melts if our daily routine is thrown off, is just thrilled about changing up everything about her day. Lesson learned, stop fretting change, be excited. Thanks Kait! Thank being said, three of her friends from her old daycare will now be starting the same one as Kaitlyn :)

No comments: