Monday, January 31, 2011

The Snow Frenzy

We (a collective "we" of the midwest) are about to experience a lot of snow/ice. It really is all I have heard about for the past 24 hours and probably all I will hear about for a week. Me? I am totally done with the snow. The first snow came early this year, the first week of December. Typically we don't see a good snow until mid January. I have seen blades of grass maybe twice since the first snow. I. AM. DONE. Yes, it is pretty. But once you have young children who are mobile, it is not fun. Why? Because your child needs to burn energy and having no place outside to do that is HARD. They get bored. They get cranky and that is contagious to parents. My kids are ready to play outside for an extended period of time, and rightly so. I am ready for the spring. Maybe constantly thinking that is just bringing more snow. My boss secretly told us to bring our computers home and consider working from home tomorrow. Hubby will still have to go in. Is it bad that I am contemplating having him bring the kids to daycare tomorrow on his way? He has 4 - wheel drive.......

I also think it is kind of funny to watch everyone run out to the stores and buy enough supplies to last until Memorial Weekend. Yes, there will be alot of snow, but the midwest is used to it. It will take 24 hours to clear the roads and everything will be fine. I did my weekly shopping yesterday and all the crazies were out. (sorry if that was you). It definitely made the trip twice as long.

Did you notice pictures are still lacking? I have two explanations for that and one is 3.5 and one is 1.5 years old. Bedtime has been less than pleasing, a post for another time...probably tomorrow. But with any glimmer of hope, there might be pictures posted tonight. Hubby if off playing basketball and the kids have no mercy on me.

No comments: