Friday, February 4, 2011

Tolerance

We got quite the bit of sleet (4 inches) and snow (4 inches). The roads are pretty clear but still are a bit slick. I had happily dropped the kids off at preschool and was headed to work this morning. I sat at the intersection, waiting to turn onto a busy road. Now, I do not live in a big city. It is an ok sized city, more suburban than anything. Typically I don't mind whipping myself into the lane that I am trying to turn onto but when things are icy, I try to wait a bit. Mostly because if another car is coming, they might not get to slow down on the ice. So there I sat, waiting for a decent turn when the guy behind me LAID ON THE HORN! Let me also add that I was there less than a minute. A few seconds later a decent turn came so I took it and the guy behind me whipped out also, about 2 inches from my back end!!! Seriously, guy?

So we were at a light immediately after the turn. Half of me wanted to stick my arm out the window and give him the one finger salute. But that is just rude and I wouldn't want kids to see that but I was kind of angry. I then wanted to get out of my car in that standstill and knock on his window. "Excuse me sir, but you don't have to honk at me. I feel I waited an appropriate and safe amount of time before I had to turn. " I didn't. Just sat there.

So we turn....he enters into the other lane after the turn and takes off. What bumper sticker do I see on the back of his car....wait for it....this is classic..


TOLERANCE!

Yes, Tolerance. That is what it said. Then next to it was a nice bumper sticker with "coexistence" on it.

Nice, dude. Nice.

No comments: