Friday, July 24, 2009

She made it

My mom that is. She pulled into town around 7:30 pm, just in time to see kaitlyn for 30 minutes before bed time. It was a small relief to see her. It is slightly reassuring that we are starting on this journey, for better or for worse. At least it is getting started and I am not sitting around and waiting for things to happen. I am in the office now. My undergrad from the summer has a poster session in about 7 minutes. I will attend that then head back home, pack up my mom's SUV, and then her, the kids and myself will head back to St. Charles, MO. Jim is staying behind to work. He is out of paid leave and will join us in St. Charles in about week, just in time for the surgery (we are planning on the surgery). Jim doesn't want to be apart that long but he is happy to know that he will be able to get all the sleep his little heart desires while we are away...or at least the oppertunity will be there. I am sure he will find himself on Facebook most of his free time, tending to his Farmtown. It is strange how a grown man can be drawn into such things.

I will keep this blog updated as we go through appointments. And the day of the surgery I will have constant updates and we are updated on the progress of the surgery. I am still looking for things to keep my fingers and mind busy while the surgery proceeds. I bought a lot of yarn..Landon will have a few new blankets when all is said and done. Now if only I could bring my sewing machine. I have a lot of sewing to do! I will have to post pictures of my projects :)

Kaitlyn has decided that she likes to jump. Unfortunately, she like to jump OFF of things and her coordination in the landing department is seriously lacking. You think it would stop her, but it doesn't. Crazy girl. I have also found that she will eat nearly anything if I put sprinkles on it. It's kind of nice...but disturbing when mashed potatoes have sprinkles.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I'll be thinking about you guys! Kaitlyn's jumping made me laugh. Madeline just started jumping when we moved to IL and I always felt bad for Thilo and Kelly. It had to sound like the ceiling was coming down on their heads!